Sailor Limited Edition Giant Panda Maki-e Fountain Pen
Sailor focuses on the natural world and our fragile relationship with it in continuing its ‘Endangered Species’ series of Maki-e pens. The first three pens in the series depicted avian life. With the Sailor Limited Edition Giant Panda Maki-e Fountain Pen, the series turns its attention to endangered mammals and one of the most beloved of all land animals. Only 88 of these hand-painted Maki-e pens will be produced worldwide.
The artist is Koushu Nishihara, who also created Sailor’s popular ‘Creatures of the Deep’ series. Master artisan Nishihara-san uses his skillful hand to express the simple black and white beauty of the Giant Panda using kaga maki-e technique on a classic Sailor 1911 fountain pen with 21K gold nib. The Giant Panda was painted using simple lines and curves to reflect the sleek beauty of black and white. Two panda cubs on the cap follow their protective mother in a forest of bamboo.
Each pen is signed by the artist and comes in a traditional Japanese box with a bottle of ink, documentation and information on the effort to protect the Giant Panda population. Show your support of wildlife preservation with the Giant Panda Maki-e Fountain Pen!
Sailor Limited Edition Giant Panda Maki-e Fountain Pen Features
- Design by Koushu Nishihara and uses a kaga maki-e technique
- Features a giant panda on the barrel with two cubs on the cap
- Each pen is signed by Nishihara
- 21K gold nib
- Cartridge or converter fill
- Comes in a traditional Japanese box with a bottle of ink
- Pen size and weight: 5 1/2 inches long, 0.95 ounces
- Limited to 88 pieces worldwide