American Heritage Age Of Sail Ballpoint Pen
In June of 1932 the four-mast schooners Hesper and Luther Little were auctioned off and both had been "laid up" in Wiscasset, ME ever since. The ships were in good condition at the time, but the age of sail was near an end and no work could be found. The ships deteriorated until their removal became necessary.
The Hesper and Luther Little were removed from the Sheepscot River during the summer of 1998. During the removal, the wood was salvaged and made into these twist activated ballpoint pens. The wood was mixed together upon removal, thus these pens are made from one or both ships. Own a piece of schooner history and keep their memories alive.
American Heritage Age Of Sail Ballpoint Pen Features:
- Commemorate the Age of Sail with this piece of history
- Made from salvaged wood of the Hesper and Luther Little schooners
- Made from wood of one or both ships, which was mixed together upon removal
- Retractable ballpoint pen with twisting advance
- Great gift for any schooner or history enthusiast