Delta Adivasi Limited Edition Rollerball Pen
The Adivasi writing instruments from Delta are part of the fascinating Indigenous Peoples collection paying tribute to the descendants of the first inhabitants of India. Adivasi is a Hindi/Sanskrit term derived from 'adi' (original) and 'vasi' (inhabitant). The Adivasi have never been part of the economic system - their activities in agriculture, animal husbandry and craft have always been exclusively for their own subsistence. With the onset of modern industry and discrimination against the tribes, many communities fled to inaccessible hill areas, where they could preserve their traditional way of life.
The Adivasi pens are hand-turned from bars of mother-of-pearl resins in bronze and green woven with red and ivory bands. Solid sterling silver accents include the rings on the cap and body engraved with prints typical of Adivasi garments, and the clip with a raised tribal sculpture, the Sarangi. The sterling silver convertible rollerball converts to a ballpoint pen with refill change and is limited to 1,857 pieces.
Delta Adivasi Limited Edition Rollerball Pen Features:
- The Adivasi are descendants of the first inhabitants of India
- Hand-turned from mother-of-pearl resins with sterling silver accents
- Typical Adivasi garment engraved on rings of cap and body
- Sarangi tribal sculpture on clip
- Easily converts to a ballpoint pen with the change of a refill