Caran d'Ache Zivago Fountain Pen
Caran d’Ache, in creating the Limited Edition Zivago Fountain Pen, pays an elegant tribute to the magic of literature and the emotions it arouses. This fine writing instrument, dedicated to the famous Russian novel, Doctor Zhivago by the Nobel laureate Boris Pasternak, embodies the poetry of words, the pleasure of reading and the spirit of one of the most beautiful stories ever written.
The lacquered cap of the fountain pen is decorated with a gilded lace design and stars in white lacquer. The signature de Boris Pasternak, finely engraved on the body of the pen. The Zivago is limited to 1958 pieces worldwide and has an 18K gold nib.
Caran D'Ache Zivago Fountain Pen Features:
A Commemorative Collection
- A tribute to the famous novel, Doctor Zhivago
- Body: Coated with several layers of black Chinese lacquer, delicately engraved with the signature of Boris Pasternak and the name of his work
- Trim: Gold-plated
- Cap: Black Chinese lacquer with a gilded lace design and stars in white Chinese lacquer applied by hand
- Fountain pen nib: in 18-carat gold
- Numbered - 1958 fountain pens
To celebrate the 55th anniversary of Boris Pasternak’s Nobel Prize for literature awarded for Doctor Zhivago, Caran d’Ache has coated the Zivago limited edition in black Chinese lacquer dotted with engraved decorations that perhaps suggest the immaculate beauty of the snow-covered Russian landscape.
Like a mark identifying a work of art, Boris Pasternak’s signature, finely engraved into the lacquer, completes the look of the instrument. This dedication continues onto the cap which is also lacquered and sprinkled with gilded motifs that form a striking contrast of colors and materials. The delicate stars, engraved then lacquered white, recall both the snowflakes that coat the Siberian landscape as far as the eye can see and the purity of the love that inspires the characters. As an ultimate tribute, the pen nib is formed in 18-carat gold.
In the Pure Tradition of Chinese Lacquer
The Caran d’Ache craftsmen strictly respect the traditional technique of Chinese lacquer that was developed in ancient China more than 3,000 years ago and handed down over the generations. It requires great dexterity and very few western craftsmen share its secrets today but Caran d’Ache is committed to preserving this precious expertise in its Geneva workshops. First, the resin is collected from the toxicodendron vernicifluum (lacquer tree) then filtered and purified by hand before color is added. The lacquer is applied in several extremely thin layers that are each dried and polished to produce its exceptional depth of color and brilliance.
- An elegant, personalized wooden box in black lacquer
- Limited Edition Certificate
- Certificate of Authenticity – Chinese lacquer
- User guide and international lifetime guarantee
- An exclusive 60 page booklet with the collected poems of Yuri Zhivago