Giuliano Mazzuoli Nobile Italia Ballpoint Pen / Pencil
The Giuliano Mazzuoli Nobile Italia writing instruments honor the Italian aviator and explorer, General Umberto Nobile (1885 - 1978). Nobile designed air ships all over the world, but he is best known for having flown across the North Pole twice.
The first time was in 1926 at the request of Norway with the air ship Norge, which he designed and commanded. The second was in 1928 on an Italian expedition aboard the air ship Italia. This expedition ended dramatically when the Italia crashed into the ice due to adverse weather conditions, and the survivors were rescued after 48 grueling days spent in the legendary 'Red Tent.'
As a tribute to the courage, ingenuity and passion of the Italian general, Giuliani Mazzuoli presents a unique collector's multi-function pen, Nobile Italia. The exclusive shape, inspired by the air ship, is expertly crafted in solid chrome in your choice of polished or matte finish. The pen body balances perfectly in the hand offering comfort and great writing. The special edition box includes a convertible 0.7mm pencil cartridge, an eraser and three gel ink ballpoint pen refills in purple, magenta and turquoise. A fabulous pen for all your travels!
Giuliano Mazzuoli Nobile Italia Multi-Pen Features:
- Commemorates General Umberto Nobile's expeditions
- Design inspired by the air ship envisioned and commanded by Nobile
- Comfortable everyday writing instrument
- Use as a ballpoint pen or mechanical pencil with the change of a cartridge
- Includes box, 0.7mm pencil cartridge, and 3 gel ink refills
- Now available in 4 colors!