Delta Limited Edition Indigenous People Kanaka Maoli Hawaii Lever Fill Fountain Pen
The 9th edition in Delta's popular Indigenous People Collection honors the Kanaka Maoli, and captures the natural beauty and allure of the Hawaiian Islands. Hawaiian aborigines migrated from the Marquesas Islands around 100 B.C. A culture of warriors and fishermen that revere nature and live by the rhythms of the ocean and earth, the Kanaka Maoli once numbered more than one million - its population is now reduced to 250,000.
The Delta Kanaka Maoli pens are hand-turned from bars of a pearlescent banded resin that echoes the colors of the sea, sand and sky. Exquisite precious metal details are rendered in the lost-wax casting method and include the clip engraved with a Kanaka warrior's mask, cap ring with a Hawaiian lei motif, and tribal drums encircling the pen end. On the crown is a medallion etched with an island icon - a sea turtle. The Limited Edition is a lateral lever-filling mechanism with bronze alloy fittings plated in 24K gold. The Kanaka Maoli fountain pen features a flexible, 18K gold nib custom-engraved with a Leiomano, a shark tooth weapon.
Delta Limited Edition Indigenous People Kanaka Maoli Hawaii Lever Fill Fountain Pen Features:
- Natural beauty of Hawaiian Islands captured in the pearlescent resin barrel
- Bronze alloy precious metal details accent the clip and ring
- Traditional Kanaka Maoli tribal details rendered in lost-wax casting method
- 18K gold nib engraved with Leiomano, a shark tooth weapon
- Lever filling fountain pen, bottle fill only